The Broadband Distribution Fundamentals (BDF) course introduces the learner to radio frequency (RF) distribution of signals in the access network, preparing installers to become maintenance technicians. The access network, from the optical node to the distribution tap, is discussed in this course. Topics include an introduction to electronic theory, system architectures, power supplies, coaxial cable connectorization, and active and passive components. Test equipment used on outside plant maintenance and troubleshooting is introduced.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Apply eBook knowledge with real life experiences in a simulated environment; 2 NetworkSim® modules included
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Self-paced interactive Online Course:Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 2 to 3 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML 5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML 5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 3 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Broadband Premises Installers / Technicians
- Technical Operations
- Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) or Access Network Technicians
- Outside Plant (OSP) Technicians
- Maintenance Technician, System Technician or equivalent
- Headend or Hub Engineers
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 5 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal