The Broadband Premises Installation and Service interactive learning journey covers the knowledge required to install, maintain and troubleshoot triple-play services (video, voice, and data) for cable telecommunications customers. This interactive course includes delivering positive customer service, RF theory, troubleshooting, test equipment, common measurements, and service restoration related to industry-wide standards and practices. This learning journey also provides instruction in the latest technologies, such as Wi-Fi, home networking, passive optical networks, MoCA, and untethered devices. The learning journey is comprised of three courses:
- Broadband Premises Installation – Safety
- Broadband Premises Installation – Customer Service
- Broadband Premises Installation – Fundamentals
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 10 to 12 hours to complete the course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from the date of purchase.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 2 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
Included in Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare the learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBooks
- Apply eBook knowledge with real life experiences in a simulated environment; 12 NetworkSim® modules included
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
- Broadband Premises Installers/Technicians
- Entry-level cable personnel
- Customer Service Representatives
- Maintenance Technicians
- Outside Plant Personnel
Upon completion of all three parts of the Broadband Premises Installation (BPI) and Service learning journey, learners will be prepared to earn the nationally recognized SCTE Broadband Premises Installer (BPI) v2.0 certification. The certification is designed for individuals interested in working in the cable telecommunications industry for a cable provider, contractor, or vendor.
Upon Successful Completion
- 5 recertification unit (RU) towards SCTE certification renewal