Understanding the technologies supporting today’s cable telecommunications architecture is critical to making informed business decisions, thus maximizing an organization’s potential. In addition to learning about the core hybrid fiber-coaxial (HFC) and fiber to the x (FTTx) architecture, participants will learn about the technologies used to deliver high-speed data (HSD), video services, voice over IP (VoIP) telephony, and networking the customer premises. The course will then explore how to hold it all together with business and operations support systems (B/OSS). In the conclusion learners will get a glimpse of cable’s future.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 1 - 2 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 2 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Entry level or new hire cable personnel
- Customer Service Representatives
- Non-technical managers
- Marketing managers
- Public and government affairs managers
- Customer service managers
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE Course Certificate
- College credits when registered with an SCTE college partnership
- 1 Recertification Units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal