The Return Path course focuses on design, set-up and troubleshooting of the reverse system in cable networks. Topics discussed include signaling and transmission, return path components, differences between the downstream and upstream, troubleshooting, balancing the return path, long loop automatic level control (ALC), return path signaling and return path optimization.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Apply eBook knowledge with real life experiences in a simulated environment; 2 NetworkSim® modules included
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 3 times.
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 1 to 2 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn® course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 2 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Broadband Premises Installers
- Broadband Premises Technicians
- Maintenance Technicians
- Outside Plant Personnel
- Headend / Hub Technicians
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE Course Completion Certificate
- 2 Recertification Units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal