Operators are upgrading their access network architectures to keep up with the pace of bandwidth consumption from their commercial and residential customers. CableLabs just released the newest addition to the DOCSIS specification. This release is known as DOCSIS 4.0, which will allow for increased traffic on the access network. DOCSIS 4.0 does this by introducing full-duplex communication in the downstream spectrum of the cable operator’s broadcast. The biggest bottleneck in DOCSIS communication is the limited spectrum used for upstream traffic in the traditional hybrid fiber-coaxial access network. DOCSIS 4.0 opens the door for operators to provide symmetrical cable modem speeds in the range of 1 to 10 Gb per second in upstream and downstream communications. This course provides essential knowledge for learners in physical layer changes, Mac layer changes, and security changes introduced by the DOCSIS 4.0 specification.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 3 times.
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 2 to 3 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 2 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
Included in Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
- Field Operation Teams
- Network Operation Center and related positions
- System Technicians and OSP Technicians
- Headend Technicians and Critical Facilities Technicians
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 2 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal