DOCSIS® 3.1 Essentials prepares broadband professionals with a better understanding of the elements and implementations of DOCSIS 3.1 in the cable network as well as the differences and uniqueness from previous versions of DOCSIS. This course provides an overview of the vast changes that DOCSIS 3.1 offers, goes into details on modifications to the physical (PHY) and media access control (MAC) layers and discusses the operational implications of deploying it.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMods™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Module assessments`
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
Course module quizzes and final exam scores of a 70% or greater
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 8 hours to complete the course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
Course Learning Objectives
- Describe the features and benefits of DOCSIS 3.1
- Discuss the differences from previous specifications of DOCSIS
- Understand the characteristics in signal processing, capacity, configurations in the upstream and the downstream.
- Identify the PHY layer and MAC layer modifications
- Become familiar with DOCSIS 3.1 operation
- Learn about the proactive network maintenance (PNM) and security features
This course is recommended for both independent cable and multi-system operator (MSO) technical professionals, including mid-level to senior-level data technicians; maintenance and headend technicians; and engineering managers and executives.
Broadband Premises Installation Fundamentals or Equivalent
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 1 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal