Senior Member Application
To identify and recognize the SCTE member who has demonstrated technical competence, participated actively in Society and industry affairs, attained a degree of seniority and maintained a high standard of professionalism.
Senior Membership is the highest member grade in the Society for which application may be made.
The Senior Member Subcommittee will review completed applications and present its recommendation to the SCTE Board of Directors for approval.
- Minimum of 10 years of technology experience, including five years of broadband communications experience
- Minimum of five years of Active or Charter membership in the Society. No candidate shall be considered whose membership has lapsed at any time during a period of three years prior to application.
- Significant industry performance
- Publication of engineering or scientific papers, or inventions
- Recognized contributions to cable telecommunications engineering or science
- Substantial technical/engineering responsibility and achievement
- Contributions equivalent to the other stated areas, such as technical editing; membership in a technical committee or subcommittee or SCTE•ISBE, NCTA, EIA, SMPTE, IEEE or other organization; patent prosecution or patent law; provided that these contributions substantially advance the cable telecommunications industry.
- Development or advancement of important technical, engineering or science courses in a recognized educational program.
- Technical direction or management of important scientific or engineering work
- Technical competence
- A minimum of three professional references
Anyone may nominate a candidate for Senior Member status or the candidate may apply for Senior Member status on the basis of education and professional experience.
The nomination form must be accompanied by at least three professional references, of which all three must be from SCTE Fellow or Senior Members. References must be signed, dated and include the following information:
1. Name of candidate.
2. The length of time the reference has known the candidate.
3. The reference's professional relationship to the candidate.
4. Detailed explanation outlining how the candidate has significantly performed his or her professional duties.
5. Does the reference consider the candidate to be: Well Qualified, Qualified, Marginally Qualified, Not Qualified.
NOTE: References may be submitted via any of the following methods:
Mail: SCTE•ISBE Attn: Membership
140 Philips Road
Exton, PA 19341
In addition to receiving a Senior Member pin and certificate, members who are elevated to Senior Member status will be formally recognized at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo, in SCTE Interval and on the SCTE website. Senior Member Applications must be received by July 1, 2021, to be recognized at the 2021 Cable-Tec Expo.