The SCTE Understanding Multiplexing (UMPX) course is an introductory course designed to provide participants with an overview of different multiplexing technologies used in the cable industry. Understanding how these technologies work is key to understanding the way services are delivered to customers. The course looks at the different versions of time division multiplexing, frequency division multiplexing, and wave division multiplexing. We will also explore the basics of using fiber optics to transmit data.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 4 times.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp: The SCTE VirtuLearn® course is delivered as a ½ day (4 hours) onsite boot camp. Included in the course is the self-paced online course.
Self-paced Interactive Online eCourse: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 1 to 2 hours per week over 2 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from the date of purchase with boot camp.
System Requirements: A high-speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Included in Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare the learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
- Course final exam
- Customer-Facing Technicians
- Customer Service Representatives
- Network Operations Center (NOC) Personnel
- Service Technicians
- Headend Technicians
- System Designers
- Non-technical Managers:
- Marketing managers
- Public and government affairs managers
- Customer service managers
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 1 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal