Telecommunication organizations today are confronted with swiftly responding to immerging network security threats and concerns. Security personnel configure and monitor various network security threat mitigation measures, such as device hardening, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), and firewalls, to protect data assets and network systems from attack. The purpose of this course is to provide the skills, knowledge, and abilities in the field of network security. Learners in this course are exposed to the foundational knowledge required to respond to network security threats through various threat mitigation measures.
Online, Self-Paced or Scheduled with Virtual Instructor: This course is expected to take 12 weeks to complete online, about 4 to 6 hours per week. As an onsite boot camp, the length is 5 days supplemented with online content. Learners view online interactive materials, complete learning activities and NetworkSims (e.g., Packet Tracer exercises) at a time that is convenient for the learner. A scheduled orientation, along with virtual online Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI) coaching sessions will be available. Learner participation is strongly suggested by SCTE to provide the best learning experience. If the learner is unable to attend a coaching session, each session will be recorded.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased from SCTE.
- High speed Internet (HSI) connection
- Updated Internet Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer)
- HTML5 Support
- Ability to install Packet Tracer software
- For CCNAv7, the minimal version is Packet Tracer 8.0
- SCTE Training Portal
- Cisco Academy materials, exercises and exams
- Packet Tracer for NetworkSim® modules
Course Materials and Course Completion
Interactive and engaging SCTE and Cisco Networking Academy course content that includes chapter assessments, learning activities, VirtuGame®, practice exams and a course final confirmation of learning, along with, a requirement to complete many hands-on labs and activities using the NetworkSim platform Packet Tracer.
- Provide an in-depth, theoretical understanding of network security
- Provide learners with the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to design and support network security
- Provide an experience-oriented course that employs industry-relevant instructional approaches to prepare learners for security in the telecommunication industry
- Enable learners to have significant hands-on interaction with IT equipment to prepare them for exams and industry opportunities.
The target audience is anyone who desires a practical and technical introduction to the field of security. This includes field technicians, data technicians, business technicians, headend technicians, network operation center (NOC) staff, network engineers, network administrators, and IT help-desk staff.
SCTE CCNA1v7 or equivalent, experience with Cisco Packet Tracer
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- Cisco course completion certificate
- 5 recertification units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal