The SCTE Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) course will introduce the learners to how operators leverage FWA and Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) to extend the reach of their access networks. Learners will learn the components of the FWA architecture and how CBRS plays a role in it. They will also learn how the multi-tier CBRS service can service multiple types of users while giving priority to key incumbents.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course's final test up to 4 times.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp: The SCTE VirtuLearn® course is delivered as a 1 day (8 hours) onsite boot camp. Included in the course is the self-paced online course.
Self-paced interactive Online eCourse: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 1 to 2 hours per week over 2 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from the date of purchase with boot camp.
System Requirements: A high-speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Included in Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare the learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
- Course final exam
- System Engineers and Designers
- Network Operation Center (NOC) Personnel
- Outside Plant Technicians
- Broadband Premises Installers / Technicians
- Customer Service Representatives
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 1 recertification unit (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal