SCTE Standards Program
The SCTE standards program is the industry's only ANSI-accredited forum for the development of technical specifications supporting cable telecommunications. Standards work includes: data and telephony over cable; application platform development; digital video; emergency alert systems; network monitoring systems; cables, connectors and amplifiers; construction and maintenance practices; energy management, and more.
Corporate membership in the program is open to any organization in the cable telecommunications industry. Member organizations develop standards and recommended practices through their technical representatives who serve on committees an subcommittees under the SCTE Standards Categories below. The program currently has a long-term outlook of advancing new standards programs such as energy management over the next several years. Strengthen your company's grasp on future standards that will affect your business by getting involved early in the process.
Join the SCTE Standards Program
Learn more about the SCTE Standards Categories
Programming and Advertising Members Wanted
SCTE is currently seeking new members in all membership categories to participate in work in fiber-optics networks, advanced advertising, 3D television, and other important topics. Of particular interest is membership from the content (program and advertising) provider and user communities. Standards membership is open to all directly and materially affected parties as defined in SCTE's membership rules and operating procedures. Join today to participate in the development process or learn more by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep Up with Cable Technology Through SCTE Standards
SCTE offers many convenient ways for companies and individuals to learn and stay connected with the SCTE Standards Program.
Standards Project Register
The Standards Project Register contains a complete list of all SCTE Standards projects, including standards, recommended practices and projects withdrawn from consideration. All projects are organized according to project type and highlight important dates along the approval process, starting from the Project Authorization Request (PAR) through to SCTE approval and ANSI final action where applicable. Download the latest SCTE Standards Project Register
ANSI Public Review of SCTE Standards
SCTE 05 2014 Test Method for "F" Connector Return Loss In-Line Pair (public review period closes 9/1/2014)
SCTE 130-9 2014 Recommended Practices for SCTE 130 Digital Program Insertion—Advertising Systems Interfaces (public review period closes 9/15/2014)
SCTE 193-1 2014 MPEG-4 AAC Family Audio System – Part 1 Coding Constraints for Cable Television (public review period closes 9/15/2014)
SCTE 193-2 2014 MPEG-4 AAC Family Audio System – Part 2 Constraints for Carriage over MPEG-2 Transport (public review period closes 9/15/2014)
Check Out the Hottest Industry Standards
The top ten standards based on web page downloads, are:
- ANSI/SCTE 104 2012 Automation System to Compression System Communications Applications Program Interface (API)
- ANSI/SCTE 35 2013 Digital Program Insertion Cueing Message for Cable
- ANSI/SCTE 135-2 2013 DOCSIS 3.0 Part 2: MAC and Upper Layer Protocols
- ANSI/SCTE 135-4 2013 DOCSIS 3.0 Part 4: Operations Support Systems Interface
- ANSI/SCTE 135-3 2013 DOCSIS 3.0 Part 3: Security Services
- ANSI/SCTE 135-1 2013 DOCSIS 3.0 Part 1: Physical Layer Specification
- ANSI/SCTE 130-3 2010 Digital Program Insertion—Advertising Systems Interfaces Part 3: Ad Management Service (ADM) Interface
- ANSI/SCTE 40 2011 Digital Cable Network Interface Standard
- ANSI/SCTE 77 2013 Specification for Underground Enclosure Integrity
- ANSI/SCTE 28 2012 Host-POD Interface Standard