SCTE Standards Program
The SCTE standards program is the industry's only ANSI-accredited forum for the development of technical specifications supporting cable telecommunications. Standards work includes: data and telephony over cable; application platform development; digital video; emergency alert systems; network monitoring systems; cables, connectors and amplifiers; construction and maintenance practices; sustainability/energy efficiency, and more.
The SCTE Standards Program is currently developing recommended practices for energy management in the key areas below and has a long-term outlook of advancing energy standards over the next 10 years. Strengthen your company’s grasp on future standards that will affect your business by getting involved early in the process—
Join the SCTE Standards Program.
SCTE Energy Standards are developed in partnership with the SCTE Smart Energy Management Initiative (SEMI) program, which focuses on accelerating the cable industry’s understanding of the business benefits of ‘green’ technologies. Learn how you can participate by supporting or partnering with SCTE SEMI.
Programming and Advertising Members Wanted
SCTE is currently seeking new members in all membership categories to participate in work in fiber-optics networks, advanced advertising, 3D television, and other important topics. Of particular interest is membership from the content (program and advertising) provider and user communities. Standards membership is open to all directly and materially affected parties as defined in SCTE's membership rules and operating procedures. Join today to participate in the development process or learn more by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standards Project Register
The Standards Project Register contains a complete list of projects, including historical documents, and their status. It also contains submission schedules for ANSI, and graphs showing submissions and actions by year. Download the latest SCTE Standards Project Register
Register for Approved SCTE Standards Updates
SCTE offers a convenient way for companies and individuals to be notified of recent approvals of new projects and standards. Sign up now to receive SCTE Standards News Alerts.
ANSI Public review of SCTE standards
The following SCTE standards are currently undergoing ANSI public review; comments should be submitted to email@example.com
SCTE 136-1 2013 Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks for IP Cable Modem Systems (Public review period closes 05/20/2013)
SCTE 197 2013 Recommendations for Spot Check Loudness Measurements (Public review period closes 05/20/2013)
SCTE 68 2013 Drop Passives: Matching Transformers 75 Ohm to 300 Ohm (Public review period closes 05/27/2013)
SCTE 77 2013 Specification for Underground Enclosure Integrity (Public review period closes 05/27/2013)
Check Out the Hottest Industry Standards
The top ten standards for the First Quarter of 2013, based on web page downloads, are:
- ANSI/SCTE 104 2012 Automation System to Compression System Communications Applications Program Interface (API)
- ANSI/SCTE 135-2 2013 DOCSIS 3.0 Part 2: MAC and Upper Layer Protocols
- ANSI/SCTE 135-4 2013 DOCSIS 3.0 Part 4: Operations Support Systems Interface
- ANSI/SCTE 35 2012 Digital Program Insertion Cueing Message for Cable
- ANSI/SCTE 22-1 2012 Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specification DOCSIS 1.0 Radio Frequency Interface (RFI)
- ANSI/SCTE 130-3 2010 Digital Program Insertion—Advertising Systems Interfaces Part 3: Ad Management Service (ADM) Interface
- ANSI/SCTE 40 2011 Digital Cable Network Interface Standard
- ANSI/SCTE 135-1 2013 DOCSIS 3.0 Part 1: Physical Layer Specification
- ANSI/SCTE 23-1 2010 DOCSIS 1.1 Part 1: Radio Frequency Interface
- ANSI/SCTE 23-2 2012 Data-Over-Cable Systems 1.1 Baseline Privacy Plus Interface Specification