SCTE LiveLearning Webinars™
SCTE Member Benefit
LiveLearning Webinars are a series of live, interactive, web-based seminars offered on the third Wednesday of every month. This educational program is a member benefit which is free for SCTE members and $29 for nonmembers.
Switched IP Video: Cable’s Fast-Track to Infinite HD and IPTV
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
2 pm Eastern
This webinar will discuss, compare and contrast the market and technology drivers, architectures, key ingredient technologies and protocols involved in the delivery of broadcast video, switched digital video, switched IP video and IPTV. In doing so, many of the technical, commercial and operational misconceptions, challenges and benefits of various IPTV migration strategies will be discussed.
Owner-Operators, CTOs, Engineering Managers, Installers, Engineers, Network Operations & NOC folks.
- Compare switched IP video vs. broadcast video
- Outline market and technology drivers for switched IP video
- Understand terms such as Switched Digital Video (SDV), SPTS/MPTS, MPEG-TS, IPTV-over-DOCSIS, channel bonding, Multicast/Unicast, etc.
- Compare architectures and timing for switched IP video and IPTV-over-DOCSIS
- Outline high-level cost and time-to-market considerations for IPTV migration
- Discuss technical, commercial and operational misconceptions and benefits of switched IP video
- Explore how switched IP video enables an infinite channel line-up
- Discuss technical and operational resources and competencies in transition to switched IP video
- Understand the operation and benefits of a cloud / hosted implementation for switched IP video
Stan Koukarine, CTO, Adara Technologies Inc.
Register for this Webinar
Register for the SCTE LiveLearning Webinar Series (Jan.- Dec.)
SCTE LiveLearning Webinar™ Schedule
SCTE LiveLearning Webinar™ Archives
- Windows PC with: Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater, or Firefox 1.0 or greater; or a MAC with Safari web browser 1.0 or greater
- Macromedia Flash
- A separate telephone line to listen to the audio portion of the presentation.