SCTE LiveLearning Webinars™
SCTE Member Benefit
LiveLearning Webinars are a series of live, interactive, web-based seminars offered on the third Wednesday of every month. This educational program is a member benefit which is free for SCTE members and $29 for nonmembers.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
2 pm Eastern
This technical webinar will discuss the concept of interference in WiFi networks and will begin by reviewing the evolution of WiFi technology over the last two decades. Next, we will review spectrum as the most precious resource for wireless communication systems. Focusing on home networks, we’ll evaluate the impact of interference on both WiFi data and video distribution. Afterwards, WiFi qualification and the installation process will be described and the significance of DFS channels demonstrated. The practical segment of this webinar will be interference measurement and troubleshooting.
In addition, MIMO will be introduced as fundamental component of advanced WiFi systems and a prominent way to mitigate interference. MIMO technical concepts and configurations including Multi-User MIMO will be reviewed. In conclusion, this webinar will provide insight on how future WiFi networks can mitigate interference.
Engineers, Installers, Technical Managers, Network Operators, CTOs and technical executives
- Evolution of WiFi (IEEE802.11a, b, g, n, ac and beyond)
- MAC Layer Channel Access in WiFi (CSMA)
- WiFi Spectrum Resources: Channelization of 2.4GHz and 5GHz Band
- Channel Capacity and Interference
- WiFi Data Networks
- WiFi Video Networks (Qualification, Installation and Interference Considerations
- Data and Video WiFi Convergence
- Interference in DFS and Non-DFS channels
- Interference Troubleshooting and Measurement
- Interference Mitigation by Frequency Selection
- How MIMO Mitigates Interference
- Fundamentals of MIMO (Spatial Multiplexing, Transmit Beamforming and Receive Diversity)
- Best Access Point and Client Configurations
- How Future WiFi Networks Address Interference
Bahador Amiri, Director of Solution Architecture, Quantenna Communications
Register for this Webinar
Register for the SCTE LiveLearning Webinar Series (Jan.- Dec.)
SCTE LiveLearning Webinar™ Schedule
SCTE LiveLearning Webinar™ Archives
- Windows PC with: Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater, or Firefox 1.0 or greater; or a MAC with Safari web browser 1.0 or greater
- Macromedia Flash
- A separate telephone line to listen to the audio portion of the presentation.