SCTE LiveLearning Webinars™
SCTE Member Benefit
LiveLearning Webinars are a series of live, interactive, web-based seminars offered on the third Wednesday of every month. This educational program is a member benefit which is free for SCTE members and $29 for nonmembers.
NFV Cable Applications
Wednesday, September 21, 2:00 PM Eastern
Ever-increasing demand for data and the resulting IP explosion mean that today’s access network is evolving … fast. Headends are looking more and more like data centers, impacting not just the equipment requirements but the cabling infrastructure itself. With this evolving change comes a tremendous opportunity!
Join us for one hour to see how an MSO’s next Inside Plant migration can deliver a strong ROI. We’ll look at how the smartest migration path to tomorrow’s speeds isn’t just easy and cost-effective: it uses components, techniques, and procedures that are already comfortingly familiar.
During the webinar, you will:
- Learn how technologies like NFV, SDN, and IP are driving change in the headend
- Dive into the Ethernet transceiver road map, and see the technology shifts ahead
- Explore your options for fiber cabling infrastructure within the evolving headend
- Discover a cabling infrastructure optimized for your network’s future technology needs
Brian Davis, Market Development Manager, Corning Optical Communications
Brian has worked in the telecommunications industry for over 25 years. He is currently the Market Development Manager for Global Carrier Data Centers at Corning Optical Communications. Brian started in this industry as an installer; pulling and terminating structured cabling, as well as installing audio/visual equipment and telephone systems. Prior to joining Corning, Brian held various marketing and product management roles at TE Connectivity - most recently as Senior Manager leading the copper and fiber product management teams for the North American Enterprise business.
Brian is a graduate of Wake Forest University with a BS in Business. Brian is married and has three children, holds four US patents, and has one hole-in-one.
Register for this Webinar
Register for the SCTE LiveLearning Webinar Series (Jan.- Dec.) eLearning Webinar Series (Jan.- Dec.)
SCTE LiveLearning Webinar™ Schedule
SCTE LiveLearning Webinar™ Archives
- Windows PC with: Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater, or Firefox 1.0 or greater; or a MAC with Safari web browser 1.0 or greater
- Macromedia Flash
- A separate telephone line to listen to the audio portion of the presentation.