The SCTE Digital Video Engineering Professional (DVEP) certifies knowledge in the engineering aspects of digital media (which includes video, audio, interactive services, and associated data) systems as deployed in the Cable Telecommunications Industry. The scope of this credential includes the design, analysis, testing, integration, deployment considerations, and troubleshooting of a variety of digital media systems from the headend to the customer premises. Specific categories include:
- Digital Multimedia Theory
- Digital Multimedia & Systems Standards
- Digital Video Systems Design and Integration
- Digital Video Systems Test Monitoring and Performance Management
- Digital Video Systems Deployment
DVEP Certification Study Resources
Focus on the topics in the exam curriculum that you need to study the most. You may rely upon local technical sessions and certification study groups at SCTE·ISBE chapters to build your knowledge. In addition, national SCTE·ISBE onsite and online training courses, vendor training, books and archived webinars as well as education at SCTE·ISBE events, on-the-job training, publications and other technical resources may help prepare candidates for certification.
- Digital Video Engineering Professional Course (most effective resource)
- Digital Video Systems Deployment , DVEP Section 5 PowerPoint training developed by Cox Communications
- Advanced Television Systems Committee Standards
- Audio Engineering Society (AES)
- ARRIS/SCTE Pocket Guide
- Video Demystified: A Handbook for the Digital Engineer
If you would like a list of all the competencies that will be tested on during the certification, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
An individual who uses the suggested study resources has reasonable assurance that a significant number of exam topics are covered throughout the study resources.
Equal opportunity will be provided to all certification candidates regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, color, ancestry, mental or physical disability or handicap, veteran's status or any other classification protected by applicable law.