The SCTE Broadband Fiber Transport Specialist (BFTS) certification certifies an individual’s knowledge of the subject matter related to the transport of optical signals in the access network. The certification exam includes the following subject areas:
- Fiber Optics Theory – optical fiber characteristics; cables, connectors, and transmission equipment; transmitters; light sources; receivers; detectors; connectors.
- Optical Transport Systems – architectures; transmission techniques
- Link performance – operating principles
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance – test equipment; troubleshooting process; measurements, restoration
- Construction – aerial and underground installation practices and considerations; splicing
BFTS Certification Study Resource
Focus on the topics in the exam curriculum that you need to study the most. You may rely upon local technical sessions and certification study groups at SCTE chapters to build your knowledge. In addition, national SCTE onsite and online training courses, vendor training, books and archived webinars as well as education at SCTE events, on-the-job training, publications and other technical resources may help prepare candidates for certification.
If you would like a list of all the competencies that will be tested on during the certification, contact email@example.com.
An individual who uses the suggested study resources has reasonable assurance that a significant number of exam topics are covered throughout the study resources.
Equal opportunity will be provided to all certification candidates regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, color, ancestry, mental or physical disability or handicap, veteran's status or any other classification protected by applicable law.