The SCTE Broadband Distribution Specialist Certification describes the knowledge in the RF distribution of signals over the access network, including all aspects of the access network or outside plant from the node, amplifier and out to the distribution tap.
- System Architectures—design principles and HFC architectures
- Distribution Components—actives, passives and coaxial cable
- Signal Types—analog, modulation schemes, frequency spectrum and impairments
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting—sweeping, FCC Rules, return path, test equipment, status monitoring and troubleshooting techniques
- Safety and Construction—personal protective equipment, ladders, pole climbing, equipment and vehicle operation
Also available in Spanish: SCTE Especialista en Distribución de Banda Ancha
BDS Certification Study Resources
Focus on the topics in the exam curriculum that you need to study the most. You may rely upon local technical sessions and certification study groups at SCTE chapters to build your knowledge. In addition, national SCTE onsite and online training courses, vendor training, books and archived webinars as well as education at SCTE events, on-the-job training, publications and other technical resources may help prepare candidates for certification.
- Broadband Distribution Specialist Course (most effective resource)
- Broadband Cable Access Networks: The HFC Plant
- Modern Cable Television Technology, Second Edition
- SCTE-Recommended Practices for Coaxial Cable Construction and Testing
If you would like a list of all the competencies that will be tested on during the certification, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
An individual who uses the suggested study resources has reasonable assurance that a significant number of exam topics are covered throughout the study resources.
Equal opportunity will be provided to all certification candidates regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, color, ancestry, mental or physical disability or handicap, veteran's status or any other classification protected by applicable law.