The Women’s TechConnect Initiative is designed in partnership with Women in Technology honorees, WICT and SCTE to provide a mentoring relationship between senior and rising cable technology professionals to help educate and retain women in the technology fields of the cable industry. This formal mentorship program will pair WIT honoree mentors, each of whom is a leader and innovator, alongside less-tenured, though high-potential, women in technology fields. The goal of the program is to provide a crucial support system to better equip mentees to overcome workplace challenges, while helping them rise through the cable ranks until they themselves become the leaders and innovators. WICT and SCTE will support the mentors/mentees by providing online resources and tools, underwriting event registrations and memberships, as well as a sense of community, as the designated mentees embark on their mentoring journey.
Noopur Davis, Senior Vice President, Chief Product and Information Security Officer for Comcast
Mentors have included the following winners of the Women in Technology award:
- Susan Adams, SVP, Engineering and Technical Operations, Comcast Northeast Division
- Pam Arment, President/Owner, Pamela J. Arment Consulting
- Nomi Bergman, President, Bright House Networks
- Sabrina Calhoun, Vice President, Engineering, Bright House Networks
- Leslie Ellis, Independent Technology Writer/Analyst, Ellis Edits
- Charlotte Field, SVP, Infrastructure and Operations, Comcast
- Theresa Hennesy, SVP, Comcast Cable
- Barbara Jaffe, EVP, Technology Operations, HBO
- Yvette Kanouff, EVP, Corporate Engineering & Technology, Cablevision
- Sally Kinsman, President, Kinsman Design Assoc. LLC
- Christy Martin, Managing Partner, iBox Systems, Inc.
- Vicki Marts, Director, Network Operations, Cox Communications
- Pam Nobles, Director of Education & Certification, SCTE
- Debi Picciolo, SVP Operations, Western Region, Charter Communications
- Carolyn L. Terry, Senior Director of Hub Engineering Operations, Time Warner Cable
- Jennifer Yohe Wagner, VP, Strategic Business Procurement, Comcast
Become a mentee
We are pleased to announce that the nomination process for this year’s TechConnect Mentoring Program, hosted in partnership with SCTE and WICT, is now underway.
We invite you to identify a high-potential (director-level and above) candidate for mentorship. This individual is a rising professional in your organization (or other organizations) and will maximize the unique opportunity to learn from one of you tech trailblazers. Please identify your candidate and have her submit the attached application to us no later than 5:00 pm ET on Monday, August 6. Once received, we will work to pair her up with one of you. We may expand the Mentor population if the volume of applicants increases this year.
The TechConnect kick-off event will be held in conjunction with the WICT Leadership Conference in NYC. Please mark your calendar for September 16, 2019 to launch the 2019/2020 Women’s TechConnect Mentoring Program. In addition to our kick-off meeting, we will share monthly tips and provide registration for earning webinars and conference calls. These events will be led by volunteers and technology leaders.
On behalf of all of us at SCTE and WICT, we thank you for your commitment to supporting women in technology. We look forward to seeing you this October!
Please identify your candidate and have her submit the attached application to us no later than next week.
Interested in becoming a Mentor? Contact:
Shannon Cassidy | TechConnect Mentoring Facilitator
o: 610-431-2888 c: 484-678-3881