SCTE Contractor Certification Program
SCTE Contractor Certification Program
The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers certifies professionals in various levels of expertise and SCTE certification is recognized as the industry’s premier endorsement for cable telecommunications professionals. The SCTE Contractor Certification Program is formed on a proven foundation of cable installation and service knowledge and based on in-depth testing and professional development through technical education.
The SCTE Contractor Certification Program provides powerful benefits to cable system operators, contracting agencies and their employees. It is a reliable solution for MSOs to assess and confirm the knowledge of contracting agencies workforces. MSOs can depend on the program to improve the technical abilities and efficiency of contractors' service. In turn, MSO customer satisfaction will increase through improved installation and technical maintenance performance. Contractors and their contracting agencies will benefit from the improved service quality, enhanced knowledge as well as the potential to grow and increase revenue.
This high level of qualification is ascertained through a remote proctoring system that allows contractors to complete assessments from any location at anytime. If the desired qualification level is not met, SCTE's learning system also provides contracted technicians and installers the ability to enroll in recommended technical training to improve their knowledge and retake the assessment exam.
Benefits for Cable System Operators
- Increase revenues through improved installation and deployment efficiencies and decreased service calls
- Enhance your customer satisfaction, confidence and service reputation
- Reduce technical training and assessment costs
- Enhance the management of your contracting agencies
- Search and access a private online account of all agency progress and individual contractor certification records
- Benefit from the piece of mind that SCTE has provided the industry with technical education and training for over 45 years
Benefits for Contracting Organizations and Agencies
- Improve the quality and service you provide to cable system operators
- Strengthen your business with a well trained staff and an increase value proposition to MSOs
- Ensure you're hiring and retaining the best installers and technicians
- Prove the knowledge of your workforce through the latest technology in assessment and proctoring
- Eliminate travel costs and the time your staff is away from the field with remote exam proctoring that is available online, 24/7
- Access and search a private online account of certification records for all of your technical staff
- Provide optional, remedial technical training from SCTE to raise the knowledge of your technical staff to pass the assessment exam
Benefits for Contractors
- Stand out at your organization by becoming a certified professional
- Strengthen your cable knowledge to increase your earning potential, confidence and job security
- Enroll in SCTE online training to prepare to pass the assessment exam
- Prove your value as a technical professional by passing the exam
- Save time in taking the certification exam through SCTE's convenient, online remote proctoring system
- Receive recommendations for related training on the targeted areas of learning you need to improve your knowledge after the exam
- Join SCTE for discounted member rates, technical membership resources and complimentary training benefits
- Take advantage of SCTE's chapter network to improve your professional connection to the industry
Ask your contracting agency or MSO partners if they are a part of the SCTE Contractor Certification Program. For more information or to register your organization for this program, please contact SCTE.
Current MSO or Agencies That are Part of the Program
If your contracting agency or MSO partner is already a part of the program, choose the appropriate company from the drop down. A password is required to access the order form.