Get Prepared to Install and Deploy 100% Fiber
Technical Education, Training & SCTE Certification
We'll bring our onsite FTTx Boot Camp training to your location and deliver in-depth instruction exclusively for:
- Headend/hub technicians
- Field engineers
- NOC technicians
- Construction workforce
- Outside plant technicians
- Network engineers and designers
The BBC and FTTH Council Primer on Fiber Broadband.
From the editors of Broadband Communities and the Fiber to the Home Council Americas, this primer entitled, What Fiber Broadband Can Do for Your Community, provides information, case studies, and statistics to help build local support for fiber. This valuable resource can be used to learn more and educate others about the benefits of fiber networks.
Why Sign up for our FTTx Boot camp?
The FTTx Boot Camp teaches and demonstrates best practices for efficiently installing, deploying and supporting FTTx in existing and new cable systems, including how to:
- Understand fiber optics and the different FTTx architectures
- Choose the best architecture for scaling FTTx networks
- Improve communications between engineering and operations
Our training gives you and your company a competitive edge.
Our exclusive FTTx Boot Camp was developed in partnership with cable operators and industry experts to enhance it's effectiveness. The training content is all targeted to deliver more methodical and higher quality deployment processes, which provides an advantage over the competition through improved customer experience.
In addition to installation and deployment scenarios, the course also covers provisioning, troubleshooting and a summary of fiber optics and equipment. You’ll be given actual fiber test equipment demonstrations to improve quality control and will leave the course with a solid foundation of EPON and DPoE.
The FTTx Boot Camp teaches the latest and most advanced installation practices that no one in your industry or your market has learned yet.
Improve the way you install, deploy and support FTTx in your markets—and give yourself a competitive edge.
To enroll in our industry-leading training, contact Steve Harris at email@example.com.
100% Fiber is a thousand percent better why you need to know FTTx.
You may already know this, but basically here’s how it works: in an FTTx network, coax cable in a Hybrid Fiber/Coax (HFC) network is replaced with 100% optical fiber from the hub site.
So, when you graduate our FTTx Boot Camp, you’ll have the skills you need to install, deploy and troubleshoot FTTx. That means you’re more valuable to your company and your skills are in high demand—and that can open the door for new opportunities.
The benefits of FTTx over MSO are almost too many to list, but here are a few:
- Higher bandwidth capability to subscribers
- 100 Mbps is offered today
- 1 and 10 Gbps options are available
- 40 and 100 Gbps options are being tested
- FTTx is extremely cost effective in rural areas
- Improved overall reliability and reduced signal egress—Coax has 140x the loss of fiber
- No power required for passive devices and battery power supplies in the outside plant (OSP)
- Backup power for consumer premises equipment becomes the responsibility of the subscriber
- Fiber optimizes CapEx and reduces OpEx
- Optical fiber “future proofs” networks to allow for increased bandwidth over the same installed fiber
- Typically lower maintenance costs – no yearly sweep and no need for RF amplifiers approximately every 1000’
- Lower power needs, by as much as 75% in most cases, and some as much as 90%
- No active devices from the headend/node (actives cabinets are needed for RFoG OBI challenges)
- Leakage in the downstream and ingress noise in the upstream is greatly reduced, if not eliminated
- Preserves operator’s investments
- RFoG uses existing CMTS, laser transmitters, return path receivers, DOCSIS modems
- Uses current business processes and procedures for all services
- Supports DOCSIS 1.0 through 3.1
Advance your career with our broadband transport specialist (BTS) Certification.
As part of the FTTx Boot Camp, attendees will receive partial preparation for the SCTE BTS certification—at no extra charge! The content helps attendees prepare for SCTE BTS Certification. You can also enroll them in the Broadband Transport Specialist (BTS) Prep Course.
The 10-week online BTS course focuses on optical signal distribution in the access network and transport networks, while continuing to reach closer to the FTTx deployment strategy in order to meet the customer's bandwidth needs.
All aspects of the fiber network from the optical node to the transport network are included in this comprehensive training course.
For approximately 5-10 hours per week, you’ll view pre-recorded, narrated presentations and complete learning activities at your convenience—you can even contact the instructor for questions and discussion.
You should leave the course with a good understating of:
- Fiber network troubleshooting
- Fiber system preventive maintenance
- Fiber optic components and equipment
- Restoration in the access network
- The optical equipment that is used to splice, monitor and install fiber optic cable and equipment
- Inside and outside plant safety
we are the premier industry organization offering broadband certification, and not certificates.
All training is provided by SCTE, the leading non-profit membership organization and training provider for cable professionals. We are also the only ANSI-accredited forum for technical standards and operational practices.