DOCSIS 3.1 Boot Camp
The SCTE DOCSIS 3.1 bootcamp is broken into three distinct sections
1. We start with the basics.
The first section of the Boot Camp features a primer on DOCSIS 3.1 and the fundamentals of DOCSIS 3.1 downstream operation. Then we conduct a pre-test to evaluate your employees’ current knowledge level and make certain they’re prepared for the classroom portion of the Boot Camp. If, based on the pre-test results, your employees require additional preliminary education, we provide e-learning courses on the PHY layer, PHY multiplexing and multiple access technology , MAC data links and cable modem initialization.
2. Next, we move to the classroom.
In the second portion of the DOCSIS 3.1 Boot Camp, our 3-day classroom sessions provide in-depth training on the following topics:
- DOCSIS 3.1 initialization procedure
- The end-to-end process with respect to DOCSIS 3.1
- New frequency plan enhancements
- Next code word pointers (NCP) and changes with respect to the MAC domain
- Profiles, ranging and probing
- OFDM in action
- PHY/OFDM plant testing
- Spectrum analyzers
- OFDM generators from test equipment vendors
- Demonstration of OFDM testing
- DOCSIS 3.1 installation
- DOCSIS 3.1 deployment and proactive network maintenance approaches
- CMTS configuration for different vendor platforms
- Troubleshooting network and plant issues using new DOCSIS 3.1 tools
- Monitoring and testing approaches
3. Your EMPLOYEES continue learning even after class is over.
Our follow-up activities keep your staff engaged in the DOCSIS 3.1 Boot Camp training. These activities include digital games and additional educational content to help support and strengthen their knowledge, such as:
- Data input/command examples
- Implementation and troubleshooting tips
- Opportunities to follow up with the course presenters in threaded discussions and webinars