DOCSIS® 3.1 IS HERE
STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE. AND THE COMPETITION. ENROLL in our online DOCSIS 3.1 Installation course today!
Our industry-leading online DOCSIS 3.1 installation course is designed to give your broadband installation professionals a better understanding of the operational implications of DOCSIS 3.1, as well as procedures for installation and methods used for troubleshooting.
They’ll also gain the knowledge to:
- Describe the DOCSIS 3.1 specification and the business drivers for the service
- Distinguish DOCSIS 3.1 features and improvements from previous versions of DOCSIS
- Compare the characteristics in signal processing, capacity, configurations in the upstream and the downstream
- Examine the physical (PHY) and media access control (MAC) layer modifications
- Understand the operations of DOCSIS 3.1
- Describe the vast array of proactive network maintenance features used in DOCSIS 3.1
- Install a DOCSIS 3.1 high speed data (HSD) service
- Troubleshoot a DOCSIS 3.1 HSD service
8 HOURS TO INSTALLATION EXPERTISE.
This online course takes only about 8 hours to complete and your technicians can do it entirely on their schedules! If they have any questions along the way, instructors are available to help them.
These are the modules and objectives for each one:
Why migrate to DOCSIS 3.1?
In our newly released paper, “DOCSIS 3.1 Leaves the Lab and Hits the Field With Midco,” we examine the technical drivers behind a successful real-world migration to DOCSIS 3.1 for gigabit services. DOWNLOAD NOW!
Is your HFC Network ready to deploy DOCSIS 3.1?
In our newly released paper, “Evaluating HFC Network Readiness for Deployment of D3.1 Technology and Services,” we take an in-depth look at the immediate and long-term benefits of this operational practice. DOWNLOAD NOW!
How can you leverage DOCSIS 3.1?
In our partnered white paper, DOCSIS 3.1: Cable Tackles the Gigabit Challenge, we explore how forward-thinking professionals are using this groundbreaking technology to take their companies and their careers to the next level. DOWNLOAD NOW!
DOCSIS 3.1 Boot Camp
Developed in partnership with CableLabs®, the SCTE•ISBE DOCSIS 3.1 Boot Camp is the first advanced training of its kind to give engineers, NOC and headend/hub personnel and designers the knowledge and practical skills to immediately deploy DOCSIS 3.1.
Using leading edge education methods, our Boot Camp program is specifically designed to maximize learning potential by delivering the training in short, highly effective bursts. Your employees will come away with a full understanding of how to increase the capacity of your company’s network, enabling it to deliver next-generation services.
The SCTE•ISBE DOCSIS 3.1 Boot Camp is broken into three distinct sections
1. We start with the basics.
The first section of the Boot Camp features a primer on DOCSIS 3.1 and the fundamentals of DOCSIS 3.1 downstream operation. Then we conduct a pre-test to evaluate your employees’ current knowledge level and make certain they’re prepared for the classroom portion of the Boot Camp.
If, based on the pre-test results, your employees require additional preliminary education, we provide e-learning courses on the PHY layer, PHY multiplexing and multiple access technology, MAC data links and cable modem initialization.
2. Next, we move to the classroom.
In the second portion of the DOCSIS 3.1 Boot Camp, our 3-day classroom sessions provide in-depth training on the following topics:
- DOCSIS 3.1 initialization procedure
- The end-to-end process with respect to DOCSIS 3.1
- New frequency plan enhancements
- Next code word pointers (NCP) and changes with respect to the MAC domain
- Profiles, ranging and probing
- OFDM in action
- PHY/OFDM plant testing
- Spectrum analyzers
- OFDM generators from test equipment vendors\
- Demonstration of OFDM testing
- DOCSIS 3.1 installation
- DOCSIS 3.1 deployment and proactive network maintenance approaches
- CMTS configuration for different vendor platforms
- Troubleshooting network and plant issues using new DOCSIS 3.1 tools
- Monitoring and testing approaches
3. Your EMPLOYEES continue learning even after class is over.
Our follow-up activities keep your staff engaged in the DOCSIS 3.1 Boot Camp training. These activities include digital games and additional educational content to help support and strengthen their knowledge, such as:
- Data input/command examples
- Implementation and troubleshooting tips
- Opportunities to follow up with the course presenters in threaded discussions and webinars