The understanding wireless networks course is designed to provide an awareness of wireless and Wi-Fi networks found in homes and small businesses. Learners will be able to describe the radio frequency (RF) signals and standards used in wireless and Wi-Fi networks, along with installations and mechanisms for managing the home network. Finally, the key devices for home security and lifestyle networks will identified.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Course assessment
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 20 to 30 minutes per week over 6 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 years from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp for .5 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Customer Service Representatives
- Customer Facing Installers or Technicians
- Service Technicians
- Field Operation Teams
- Network Operation Center and related positions
- SCTE Broadband Premises Installation or Equivalent
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- .5 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal