Understanding Network Protocols and Routing is an introductory course designed to provide participants with the fundamentals of IP networking and routing. IP networks have become the foundation for the networks used in the broadband industry. Understanding how the devices in the network are configured and the protocols they use is key when designing and maintaining these networks. This course covers the concepts of digital numbering and how it relates to IPv4 and IPv6 addressing. Participants will also learn about the purpose of protocols, networking addressing, routing, and IP video.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 4 times.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp: The SCTE VirtuLearn® course is delivered as a 1 day (8 hours) onsite boot camp. Included in the course is the self-paced online course.
Self-paced Interactive Online eCourse: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 1 to 2 hours per week over 2 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from the date of purchase with boot camp.
System Requirements: A high-speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Included in Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare the learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
- Course final exam
- Customer Facing Technicians
- Customer Service Representatives
- Network Operations Center (NOC) Personnel
- Headend Technicians
- System Designers
- Non-technical managers
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 1 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal