The Introduction to Internet of things (IoT) course is a self-paced, 20-hour program. The course provides an overview of the concepts and challenges of the transformational digital economy when people, process, data and things connect.
Introduction to IoT introduces the concept of a network foundation connecting billions of things and trillions of gigabytes of data to enhance decision making and interactions. Course modules describe how IoT drives the convergence between an organization’s operational technology and information technology (IT) systems, and the business processes for evaluating a problem and implementing an IoT solution. Machine-to-machine (M2M), machine-to-people (M2P) and people-to-people (P2P) connections in an IoT solution are also covered.
Included in the Course
- In-depth interactive content modules with recorded videos, presentations and testimonials from customers and IoT experts
- Interactive activities and NetworkSim®/Lab experiences that reinforce learning
- 6 NetworkSims / Packet Tracers
- Course final assessments
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 1 hour per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 3 years from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 1 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Customer service
- Technical operations
- Field installers and technicians
- Headend engineers
- Network operations center (NOC) staff
- Network engineers, network administrators
- IT help-desk staff
- Current CCNA R&S or CCENT students
Basic computer literacy and awareness of the Internet
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE and Cisco course completion certificates
- 1 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal