The Understanding Cybersecurity course explores the field of cybersecurity, data confidentiality, best practices for using the Internet and social media safely. The course steps learners through security aspects in a broad, easy to understand way, explaining the value of securing data, both personal and business related.
Cybersecurity is important because the Internet is now part of our everyday lives and is an excellent resource for connecting and sharing information. However, all this cyber exposure leads way to unseen threats. Having your broadband customers staying safe on the Internet needs to be an important concern, as many of us have much to lose if caution is not exercised while on the Internet.
Online, Self-Paced Scheduled:
This course is expected to take 15 hours to complete online as learners view online interactive materials and complete learning quizzes at a time that is convenient for the learner. Additionally, the course has been updated with interactivity, multimedia and instructional format, which leverages the same graphical user interface (GUI) as in the CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum.
Below are some of highlights for what can be found in the course:
- Interactive content with easy to use graphical user interface
- Links to articles and websites helping you explore cybersecurity on your own
- Resources, Labs and Activities to reinforce learning
- Assessments include end of module quizzes and a final exam
- High speed Internet (HSI) connection
- Updated Internet Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer)
- HTML5 Support
The successful completion of this course requires the following:
- Reading Age Level (RAL) of 13
- Basic computer literacy and awareness of the Internet
- Prior experience with computer hardware, binary math, and basic electronics
- Learn the need for, and the importance of, Cybersecurity.
- Explore personal device concerns, data protection needs and security vulnerabilities
- Recognize the characteristics and operation of a cyberattack.
- Interpret the trends in the cyber threat landscape.
- Learn how to safe guard your online privacy against cyber threats, attacks, and the impact they may have
- Learn techniques to protect organizations from cyberattacks.
- Recognize the behavior-based approach to cybersecurity.
- Explain Cisco’s approach to cybersecurity.
- Learn some of the legal and ethical issues pertaining to cybersecurity
The target audience is anyone who desires a practical introduction to the field of secure networking. This includes field technicians, headend technicians, network operations center (NOC) staff, network engineers, network administrators, and IT help-desk staff.