Understanding Cable Wide Area Networks is an introductory course designed to provide participants with an overview of the technologies used to create wide area networks. This course will cover the evolution of wide area networks from circuit-switched networks to packet-based networks. We will also explore the convergence of wide area networks and software-defined networks.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare the learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
- You may take the course final test up to 3 times
The course is delivered online via the SCTE virtual classroom, or it may be completed in ½ day (4 hours) as an onsite.
Online learners interact with web-based course materials and complete assessments (quizzes) at a time that is convenient for them. Learners may also contact the instructor when they have questions.
SCTE recommends learners spend approximately 1 - 2 hours per week, on average, completing the various course activities in order to maximize the learning benefits. 100% of the schedule is determined by the learners (interacting with online materials, completing quizzes and a final exam).
- Customer Facing Installers
- Customer Facing Technicians
- Service Technicians
- Headend Technicians
- System Designers
- Non-technical managers:
- Marketing managers
- Public and government affairs managers
- Customer service managers
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 1 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal