The Network Testing and Maintenance Level 2 course fine-tunes the tests and procedures that help to ensure a well-run transport network including optical test equipment and its applications; testing and maintenance; troubleshooting voice and data services; troubleshooting MPEG video streams, troubleshooting switched digital video (SDV), and monitoring video over IP (VoIP). The learner will recognize video artifacts and their sources and the steps to respond to optical outages.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Apply module knowledge with real life experiences in a simulated environment; 3 NetworkSim® modules included
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 3 times.
Format and Schedule
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 4 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML 5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML 5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 5 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Broadband Premises Installers / Technicians
- Technical Operations
- Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) or Access Network Technicians
- Outside Plant (OSP) Technicians
- Maintenance Technician, System Technician or equivalent
- Headend or Hub Engineers
Upon completion of Maintenance Technology Level 2, Network Testing and Maintenance Level 2 and Optical Fiber Construction, learners will be prepared to earn the nationally recognized SCTE Broadband Transport Specialist (BTS) certifications.
More information may be found here.
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 3 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal