Welcome to the SCTE & Lumious (formerly Tech 2000) digital MEF Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional (MEF-CECP) course: A Guide to Advanced Industry Networking. This course provides an overview of Carrier Ethernet technologies, the MEF 3.0 specifications for services and how these can be delivered over carrier core.
In addition, there is information on metro and access networks along with other services deployed over a range of core transport and access technologies. The course also provides a solid introduction to the principles of network and service design.
Included in the Course
- 6 eLearning Videos (Instructor videos, demos and activities)
- 6 Corresponding exam prep assessments with prescriptive feedback, images, and reference to where to locate content in the materials.
- 1 Timed Mock Exam simulates the MEF-CECP exam with 80 questions, 105 minutes
- Grades view to track your progress
- 4 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 3 times.
Self-paced interactive Online eCourse: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 3 to 4 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
- Broadband Premises Installers / Technicians
- Technical Operations
- Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) or Access Network Technicians
- Outside Plant (OSP) Technicians
- Maintenance Technician, System Technician or equivalent
- Headend or Hub Engineers
- Network Engineering
- Sales Engineering
- Marketing and Communication
SCTE Network Specialist or equivalent
Upon completion learners will be prepared to earn the nationally recognized MEF Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional 3.0 certification (Blueprint D)
The exam is 80 questions in 105 minutes and the participant must score a 65% for MEF-CECP certification. The exam fee $420, retake fee $100 This course includes a practice exam with 80 questions.