The Maintenance Technology Level 2 course focuses on network transport with a thorough look at optical fiber networks including fiber transmission characteristics, fiber cables and connectors. Additional topics include data services with DOCSIS®, cable voice services with PacketCable, IP multimedia subsystem (IMS), session initiation protocol (SIP), all digital simulcast (ADS), analog reclamation, digital video, MPEG, Internet Protocol TV (IPTV), and cable Wi-Fi. Topics related to the headend and advanced network applications are introduced.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Apply module knowledge with real life experiences in a simulated environment; 2 NetworkSim® module included
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 3 times.
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 4 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 3 years from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 5 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Broadband Premises Installers / Technicians
- Technical Operations
- Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) or Access Network Technicians
- Outside Plant (OSP) Technicians
- Maintenance Technician, System Technician or equivalent
- Headend or Hub Engineers
Upon completion of Maintenance Technology Level 2, Network Testing and Maintenance Level 2 and Optical Fiber Construction, learners will be prepared to earn the nationally recognized SCTE Broadband Transport Specialist (BTS) certifications.
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 3 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal