Maintenance Technology Level 1 takes the student through an in-depth look at network architecture and its components, including active and passive devices, amplifier operation, and power supply circuits. Electrical characteristics of cable including resistance, capacitance, inductance, reactance, and impedance are explored. Level: 200
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Apply module knowledge with real life experiences in a simulated environment; 3 NetworkSim® modules included
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 3 times.
Format and Schedule
The course is delivered online via the SCTE virtual classroom over 20 weeks or 5 months, during which participants view web based course materials and complete assessments (quizzes) at a time that is convenient for them. Participants can contact the instructor when they have questions.
Participants spend approximately 2 - 4 hours per week, on average, completing the various course activities in order to maximize the learning benefits. 100% of the schedule is determined by the participant (viewing online materials and completing quizzes).
System Requirements: A high speed Internet connection, Internet browser with flash or HTML5. For tablet access, HTML5 can be used to online content modules.
- Maintenance Technicians
- Outside Plant Personnel
- Plant Technicians
Upon completion of Maintenance Technology Level 1, Network Testing and Maintenance Level 1 and Coaxial Construction, learners will be prepared to earn the nationally recognized SCTE Broadband Distribution Specialist (BDS) certifications.
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 2 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal