The Internet of Things (IoT) Fundamentals curriculum provides learns with a comprehensive understanding of IoT. The curriculum develops foundational skills using hands-on lab activities that stimulate the learners in applying creative problem-solving and rapid prototyping in the interdisciplinary domain of electronics, networking, security, data analytics, and business. The learner-centric approach translates into the learner being able to ideate, design, prototype and present an IoT solution for an identified business or society need.
The Internet of Things (IoT) Fundamentals: Connecting Things, focuses on identifying, designing, prototyping, and presenting an IoT solution that securely solves a current business or social problem.
Optional Lab Equipment
Allows learners to 100% of all activities:
- Raspberry Pi 3 B+
- Wall Adapter Power Supply - 5.1V DC 2.5A (USB Micro-B)
- microSD Card with Adapter - 16GB (Class 10)
- microSD USB Reader
- SparkFun RedBoard - Programmed with Arduino
Other items available on sparkfun.com:
- Solderless Breadboard, 5x 330 Ohm Resistors, 5x 10k Ohm Resistors
- 5x Red LEDs, 5x Green LEDs, 5x Blue LEDs, 1x RGB LED
- 1x Servo Motor, 1x 10k Ohm Potentiometer, 1x Push Button, 1x TMP36 Temperature Sensor, 1x 10k Ohm Photocell, 1x 10k Ohm Flex sensor
- 1x 5v Relay, 1x BC337 Transistor, 1x 1N4148 Diode
- 30x Male-to-Male Jumper Wires, 10x Male-to-Female Jumper Wires, & 10x Female-to-Female Jumper Wires
Included in the Course
- In-depth interactive content modules with recorded videos, activities, labs, presentations and testimonials from customers and IoT experts
- Interactive activities and NetworkSim®/Lab experiences that reinforce learning
- 10 NetworkSim modules / Packet Tracers
- Course final assessments
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 3 to 4 hour per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 12 weeks from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 3 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Customer service
- Technical operations
- Field installers and technicians
- Headend engineers
- Network operations center (NOC) staff
- Network engineers, network administrators
- IT help-desk staff
- Current CCNA R&S or CCENT students
Understanding IoT or equivalent
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE and Cisco course completion certificates
- 3 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal