This course is designed to provide a comprehensive technical understanding of digital video fundamentals and troubleshooting best practices. Participants will gain a solid understanding of digital video, switched digital video (SDV) and moving pictures expert group (MPEG) video technology, network architectures as well as common provisioning parameters and maintenance concerns in a digital video network. Beginning with an overview of digital video technology, the course will then explore the components that make up a digital video network, how it works, the integration within the HFC network, trouble isolation and resolution and the benefits of deploying a SDV solution.
Upon successful completion of this course, each participant will be able to:
- Describe the components of Digital Video (DV), Switched Digital Video (SDV) and Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG) network architectures
- Explain how Digital Video (DV), Switched Digital Video (SDV) operate
- Compare and contrast Digital Video (DV), Switched Digital Video (SDV) network architectures
- Detail the signal processing and flow of a basic Switched Digital Video (SDV) network
- Compare and contrast unicast and multicast delivery options
- Discuss the troubleshooting process
- Identify, isolate and repair impairments in the Digital Video (DV), Switched Digital Video (SDV) and Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG) video networks
Included in the Course
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately .5 to 1 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 3 years from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML 5 support.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn® course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 1 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Broadband Premises Installer / Technician
- Commercial Installer or equivalent
- Broadband Premises Maintenance Technician or equivalent
- Mid to senior level technicians, Advanced technical and operational personnel
- Network architects
- System engineers
- Technical operations managers
- Engineering managers
- NOC managers
SCTE Broadband Premises Installation or equivalent
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 1 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal