Communications and data service growth are driving the demand for Ethernet services. Ethernet business services may vary from being a basic best-effort Internet service, like a traditional home cable modem, to a high-performance Ethernet service with guaranteed performance with SLA requirements for availability. The Ethernet Transport course gives technicians the working knowledge of Ethernet networks and standards. Learners will immerse themselves in layer two transport topics like pseudo-wires, ethernet security/Mac-sec, and power over ethernet. Metro Ethernet Forum standards like E-LAN, E-line, EVC, and testing SLA metrics for Ethernetlinks. Learners will better understand the products they’re installing at the customer premise that facilitate point-to-point, point-to-multipoint connections. They will also be able to troubleshoot data leaving the customer premise network and traveling over the operator’s network.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Final exam with a passing grade of 70%
- Completion of SCTE course feedback form
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
The target audience is anyone who desires to understand Ethernet transport over a telecommunication network.
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE Course Completion Certificate
- 2 recertification units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal