The Telecommunications Engineering 101 course focuses on the RF signal and the factors that impact the performance of an HFC network. A learner will have the knowledge of RF signals, their electrical properties. The types of impairments that can impact the performance of a network. The learner will also understand the operation of amplifiers in the RF portion of the HFC network.
Areas that effect the Plant:
- SNR, T3/T4, MER, BER, CWER
- Amplifier setup, amplifier operational gain
- Shielding integrity
- Return loss, SRL
- Unity gain
- Noise performance ratio (NPR)
- Noise figures (NF)
- Optical link failures
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 3 times.
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 4 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 3 years from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 2 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Broadband Premises Installers / Technicians
- Technical Operations Management
- Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) or Access Network Technicians
- Outside Plant (OSP) Technicians
- Maintenance Technician, System Technician or equivalent
- Headend or Hub Engineers
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 2 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal