The DOCSIS® Engineering Professional (DEP) developed in partnership with CableLabs® course prepares broadband professionals to better understand the elements and implementations of the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) 1.0 through DOCSIS 3.1 specification. This course teaches learners how to quickly and easily build, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot versions of DOCSIS cable networks. It also details: DOCSIS system design architecture, signals and protocol layering; DOCSIS operations; upstream-downstream corrective measures; cable modem configuration / cable modem termination systems. In addition, participants will discover important operating requirements, security parameters, DOCSIS set-top gateway (DSG) operation, operation support system interface (OSSI), IPv4/6, and troubleshooting tips for each version.
Included in the Course
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 4 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 4 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Mid to Senior Data Engineers
- Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineers
- Network Operations
- Headend / Hub Engineers
- Inside Plant / Field Engineers
- Maintenance Technician, Plant Technician or equivalent
- Technical Operations and Engineering Managers
- SCTE Understanding Network Technology or equivalent
- SCTE Broadband TelecomCenter Specialist (BTCS) or equivalent
Upon completion learners will be prepared to earn the nationally recognized SCTE DOCSIS Engineering Professional (DEP) certification. The certification is designed for individuals interested in working in the cable telecommunications industry for a cable provider, contractor or vendor.
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 5 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal