The DOCSIS® 3.1 Installation interactive course is designed for broadband installation professionals who need to better understand the elements and implementations of the DOCSIS 3.1 specification, as well as the differences and uniqueness from previous specifications of DOCSIS. This engaging course defines the industry drivers for DOCSIS 3.1, modifications in the RF spectrum, feature enhancements, capacity improvements and details on modifications to the physical (PHY) and media access control (MAC) layers. The course also allows installers to understand the operational implications, procedures for installation and methods used for troubleshooting DOCSIS 3.1.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
Course module quizzes and final exam scores of a 70% or greater
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 16 hours to complete the course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from date of purchase.
A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Describe the overview and enhancements of DOCSIS 3.1
- Discuss the differences from previous specifications of DOCSIS
- Identify the physical (PHY) layer and media access control (MAC) layer modifications
- Learn about the proactive network maintenance (PNM) and security features
- Become familiar with DOCSIS 3.1 operation, installation, and troubleshooting
This course is recommended for both independent cable and multi-system operator (MSO) technical professionals, including mid- level to senior-level data technicians; maintenance and installation technicians; and technical operation managers.
Broadband Premises Installation Fundamentals or Equivalent
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 1 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal