Operators are changing their access network architectures to keep pace with the demand from residential, commercial and wireless customers. Technologies, like FTTx, and the move to distribute access architectures (DAA) will increase the amount of traffic on a telecommunication network. There a couple of DAA architectures available to the operators for deployment in today’s network. The distributed access architecture essentials course covers the evolution of the hybrid fiber coaxial (HFC) access network to accommodate higher bandwidth. The course provides the essential knowledge for learners in remote PHY and remote MAC/PHY architectures. Finally, upgrades at the node and modification in the headend are examined throughout the course.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 3 times.
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 2 to 3 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 2 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Field Operation Teams
- Network Operation Center and related positions
- System Technicians and OSP Technicians
- Headend Technicians and Critical Facilities Technicians
- SCTE Broadband Premises Installation
- SCTE Broadband Distribution Fundamentals or equivalent (i.e., SCTE BDS)
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 2 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal