Operators are evolving their access network architectures to keep pace with the demand from residential, commercial, and wireless customers. Technologies like FTTx and the move to distribute access architectures (DAA) will allow for increased traffic on a telecommunication network. Some distributed access architectures are available to the operators, like remote PHY and remote MAC, for deployment in today’s network. The DAA essentials course covers the evolution of the hybrid fiber-coaxial (HFC) access network to accommodate higher capacity and improved reliability. The course provides the essential knowledge for learners in modular headend architecture, remote PHY (R-PHY), remote MAC/PHY, powering, and DAA video deployments. In addition, DAA enables new services like full duplex DOCSIS, virtualization, FTTx, and software-defined networks (SDN). Finally, learners examine upgrades at the optical node, modifications in the headend, and security, throughout the course.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 3 times.
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 2 to 3 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 2 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
Included in Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
- Field Operation Teams
- Network Operation Center and related positions
- System Technicians and OSP Technicians
- Headend Technicians and Critical Facilities Technicians
- SCTE Broadband Premises Installation
- SCTE Broadband Distribution Fundamentals or equivalent (i.e., SCTE BDS)
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 2 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal