The Digital Video Engineering Professional (DVEP) course prepares broadband professionals with the knowledge required in the engineering aspects of digital media (which includes video, audio, interactive services, and associated data) systems as deployed in the cable telecommunications industry.
This course educates participants in the process used to quickly and easily design, analyze, test, integrate, deploy, and troubleshoot a variety of digital media systems from the headend to the customer premises. In addition, participants will discover the importance of the Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG); testing, monitoring and fault Isolation; and the cause of a variety of different video artifacts.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 3 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 3 years from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 4 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Mid to Senior Video Engineers
- Video on Demand (VoD) teams
- Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineers
- Network Operations
- Headend / Hub Engineers
- Inside Plant / Field Engineers
- Maintenance Technician, Plant Technician or equivalent
- Technical Operations and Engineering Managers
SCTE Broadband TelecomCenter Specialist (BTCS) or equivalent
Upon completion learners will be prepared to earn the nationally recognized SCTE Digital Video Engineering Professional (DVEP) certification. The certification is designed for individuals interested in working in the cable telecommunications industry for a cable provider, contractor or vendor.
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 4 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal