Digital Telecommunication Network Fundamentals course is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of digital video fundamentals and digital troubleshooting recommended practices. Learners will gain an understanding of digital video, switched digital video (SDV), digital media theory, signal modulation, signal demodulation and signal processing, bandwidth constraints and management; digital carrier measurements, and Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG) video technology. The course will conclude with proof of performance (POP) and CPE digital connections.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Format and Schedule
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 2 - 4 hours per week over 8 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 2 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Entry level cable personnel
- Customer Service Representatives
- Broadband Premises Installers
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 2 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal