The access network goes through four primary cycles in its lifespan. The first cycle is the design process, then there is the construction of the access network. The next two periods are maintenance and upgrade. The maintenance cycle is the longest-running cycle of an access network. The work being performed during maintenance and upgrades must be up to national and local standards. It will be up to the construction inspector Specialist to scrutinize ongoing changes to the access network and confirm the system complies with requirements and standards. The construction inspector specialist course will introduce inspectors to construction techniques used in the aerial an underground access network. The course will provide learners the knowledge of national and local compliant standards.
Included in the Course
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 3 times.
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 2 to 3 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 8 days
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased
- Field Operation Teams
- Construction Teams
- Network Operation Center and related positions
- System Technicians and OSP Technicians
- Headend Technicians and Critical Facilities Technicians
- SCTE Broadband Premises Installation
- SCTE Broadband Distribution Fundamentals or equivalent (i.e., SCTE BDS)
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 2 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal