The Coax Construction course draws upon SCTE’s Recommended Practices for Coaxial Construction and Testing. Topics include system design, coaxial cable connectorization, powering, aerial and underground coaxial cable construction, activation and testing, and relevant field safety topics.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Apply module knowledge with real life experiences in a simulated environment; 2 NetworkSim® modules included
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 3 times.
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 1 to 2 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 3 years from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML 5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML 5 may be used for online eBook content.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Maintenance Technicians
- Outside Plant Personnel
- Plant Technicians
- SCTE Broadband Distribution Specialist
- SCTE Maintenance Technology Level 1
- SCTE Network Testing and Maintenance Level 1
Upon completion of Maintenance Technology Level 1, Network Testing and Maintenance Level 1 and Coaxial Construction, learners will be prepared to earn the nationally recognized SCTE Broadband Distribution Specialist (BDS) certifications.
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 2 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal