The Business Class Services Specialist (BCSS) course provides an in-depth instruction into business class services fundamentals, including how to install and troubleshoot today’s cable operator business services for small-to-medium businesses.
The successful candidate will have the business services knowledge that instills employer confidence, employee value and favorably affects the metrics of the customer experience. The business services training will bridge knowledge gaps between the RF and IP services needed to support larger business networks.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Apply eBook knowledge with real life experiences in a simulated environment; 7 NetworkSim® modules included
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 3 times.
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 2 to 3 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 3 years from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML 5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML 5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 3 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Broadband Premises Installer / Technician
- Commercial Installer or equivalent
- Broadband Premises Maintenance Technician or equivalent
Upon completion learners will be prepared to earn the nationally recognized SCTE Business Class Services Specialist (BCSS)certification. The certification is designed for individuals interested in working in the cable telecommunications industry for a cable provider, contractor or vendor.
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 3 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal