The Business Class Services Fundamentals course provides a broadband technician with the fundamental knowledge need to perform a business class service installation, including high-speed data services, video services, and telephony. The learner will learn the difference between residential and business service along with the fundamentals of business class wiring, data, voice, and hospitality services.
The Business Class Services Fundamentals course is part of the Business Class Services Specialist (BCSS) learning journey. BCSS provides in-depth instruction into business class services fundamentals, including installing and troubleshooting today’s cable operator business services for small-to-medium businesses. The successful candidate will have the business services knowledge that instills employer confidence, employee value and favorably affects the customer experience metrics. The business services training will bridge knowledge gaps between the RF and IP services needed to support larger business networks.
The learning journey is comprised of two courses:
- Business Class Services Fundamentals
- Ethernet Transport Specialist
For additional information on networking and wireless technologies, the following classes are available:
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Apply eBook knowledge with real life experiences in a simulated environment
- 5 NetworkSim® modules included
- Interactive SCTE MicroLessons to reinforce key subject areas.
- 6 MicroLessons included
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
- You may take the course final test up to 3 times.
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 2 to 3 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 years from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn® course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 2.5 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Broadband Premises Installer/Technician
- Commercial Installer or equivalent
- Broadband Premises Maintenance Technician or equivalent
Upon completion learners will be prepared to earn the nationally recognized SCTE Business Class Services Specialist (BCSS) certification. The certification is designed for individuals interested in working in the cable telecommunications industry for a cable provider, contractor, or vendor.
More information may be found here.
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 2 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal