This course provides knowledge in maintenance and troubleshooting of the inside plant facilities to ensure minimal system outages, maximum reliability, and standards compliance for optimal operations. This BTCS certification preparation course includes knowledge of Building Management Systems (BMS) control and monitoring, grounding practices, backup powering, advanced entertainment, data and voice networks within the headend. Level: 400
Included in the Course
- In-depth content modules
- Apply eBook knowledge with real life experiences in a simulated environment; 7 NetworkSim® modules included
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 3 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1 year from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML 5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML 5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 4 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineers
- Network Operations
- Headend / Hub Engineers
- Inside Plant / Field Engineers
- Maintenance Technician, Plant Technician or equivalent
- Technical Operations and Engineering Managers
- SCTE Broadband Distribution Specialist (BDS)
- SCTE Broadband Transport Specialist (BTS)
The course helps participants prepare to earn the SCTE Broadband TelecomCenter Specialist (BTCS) certification, a nationally recognized certification for individuals interested in working in the cable telecommunications industry for a cable provider or contractor.
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 4 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal