The Broadband Distribution Specialist (BDS) course focuses on radio frequency (RF) distribution of signals in the access network. All aspects of the access network from the optical node to the distribution tap are included in this comprehensive training course.
A learner will have the distribution knowledge of system architectures, power supplies, active and passive components; and construction in the access network. Additionally, the course will explore how signals operate in the access network and use system design calculations to verify proper signaling. The course discusses proper maintenance and troubleshooting along with explaining the safety concerns while operating in this type of environment.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Apply module knowledge with real life experiences in a simulated environment; 6 NetworkSim® modles included
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Requirements forSuccessful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
You may take the course final test up to 3 times.
Self-paced interactive Online Course: Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 4 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 3 years from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 5 days.
Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Broadband Premises Installers / Technicians
- Technical Operations
- Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) or Access Network Technicians
- Outside Plant (OSP) Technicians
- Maintenance Technician, System Technician or equivalent
- Headend or Hub Engineers
Upon completion learners will be prepared to earn the nationally recognized SCTE Broadband Distribution Specialist (BDS) certification. The certification is designed for individuals interested in working in the cable telecommunications industry for a cable provider, contractor or vendor.
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 5 recertification units (RUs) towards SCTE certification renewal