The Advanced Wireless - Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA®) course provides advancedknowledge of RF behavior, modulation, signal loss, operating channels and describes the features and functions of wireless local area network (WLAN) components. Local, regional, and international standards for RF power regulations will also be explored; along with RF math required for calculating units of measure. Participants will gain the skills to successfully survey, install, and administer enterprise Wi-Fi networks. The course will also focus on mastering the skills required to install, administer, configure,and troubleshoot WLAN hardware peripherals and protocols. Finally, the course explores antenna theory including, antenna types and use along with cabling and connectorization.
Included in the Course
- Engaging and Interactive LightningMod™ to prepare the learner for training
- In-depth interactive eBook modules
- Apply eBook knowledge with real-life experiences in a simulated environment, 4 NetworkSim® modules included
- Module assessments
- Course final exam
- Fun VirtuGame® to improve absorption and retention of competencies
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Module quizzes 70% or higher
- Course final test 70% or higher
- Completion of SCTE course feedback form
You may take the course final test up to three times.
Self-paced interactive Online Course:Learners start the SCTE VirtuLearn® course at any time, study at their own pace, and have access to dynamic online content after they register. On average, learners will spend approximately 4 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE provides access to the course for 1year from date of purchase.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet (HSI) connection, Internet browser with HTML5 support. For tablet or smartphone access, HTML5 may be used for online eBook content.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The SCTE VirtuLearn course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 4days.Course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- Commercial Services Installer or equivalent
- Broadband Premises Installer / Technician
- IT administrators and technicians
- Broadband Premises Maintenance Technician or equivalent
- SCTE Broadband Wireless Specialist (BWS)
- SCTE Network Specialist
- Basic networking knowledge, including OSI model and IP subnetting
Upon Successful Completion
- SCTE course completion certificate
- 4 recertification unit (RU) towards SCTE certification renewal