Chapter Leader of the Year Nomination Form
Purpose: To identify and recognize the SCTE chapter member who has made the most significant contribution to his or her chapter through active participation in its programs and efforts during the past year.
Eligibility: Any volunteer leader from an SCTE chapter or meeting group who is an active SCTE member affiliated with a chapter or meeting group in good standing (see below):
- Submission of meeting reports within 30 days of the meeting, totaling a minimum of 30 training/testing hours for the year;
- Submission and acceptance by headquarters of financial reports within 30 days of each quarter (including bank reconciliations and copies of bank statements);
- All board members are active members of the Society and have signed the conflict of interest agreement; and
- Timely financial reporting and current bankcard on file at headquarters containing the required staff signature(s).
Selection Criteria: The Chapter Awards Review Panel will select recipients based on:
- Active participation in chapter/meeting group activities
- Commitment to the SCTE mission on local and national level
- Exhibits outstanding leadership
- Works with other chapters and organizations
- Innovator in developing programs, policy and processes to benefit the chapter
Nominations: Nominations will be accepted until January 31, 2022.
Note: the Awards Subcommittee only has the nomination materials to evaluate the candidates. Well-rounded, documented nominations tend to score better than those with minimal information submitted.
Recognition: The winner will be announced at the Chapter Awards presentation ceremony at the Chapter Leadership Conference, recognized at Cable-Tec Expo®, publicized in Interval and published on the Website at www.scte.org. The Chapter Member of the Year will receive one complimentary full registration and one complimentary hotel room for three nights’ stay at Cable-Tec Expo®.
Hard-copy materials/documentation (e.g., newsletters, letters of commendation, etc.) may be sent under separate cover and should be limited to six (6) pages.