The Women’s TechConnect Initiative is designed in partnership with Women in Technology honorees, WICT and SCTE to provide a mentoring relationship between senior and rising cable technology professionals to help educate and retain women in the technology fields of the cable industry. This formal mentorship program will pair WIT honoree mentors, each of whom is a leader and innovator, alongside less-tenured, though high-potential, women in technology fields. The goal of the program is to provide a crucial support system to better equip mentees to overcome workplace challenges, while helping them rise through the cable ranks until they themselves become the leaders and innovators. WICT and SCTE will support the mentors/mentees by providing online resources and tools, underwriting event registrations and memberships, as well as a sense of community, as the designated mentees embark on their mentoring journey.
, Senior Vice President, Chief
Product and Information Security Officer for Comcast
Mentors have included the following winners of the Women in Technology award:
- Susan Adams, SVP, Engineering and Technical Operations, Comcast Northeast Division
- Pam Arment, President/Owner, Pamela J. Arment Consulting
- Nomi Bergman, President, Bright House Networks
- Sabrina Calhoun, Vice President, Engineering, Bright House Networks
- Leslie Ellis, Independent Technology Writer/Analyst, Ellis Edits
- Charlotte Field, SVP, Infrastructure and Operations, Comcast
- Theresa Hennesy, SVP, Comcast Cable
- Barbara Jaffe, EVP, Technology Operations, HBO
- Yvette Kanouff, EVP, Corporate Engineering & Technology, Cablevision
- Sally Kinsman, President, Kinsman Design Assoc. LLC
- Christy Martin, Managing Partner, iBox Systems, Inc.
- Vicki Marts, Director, Network Operations, Cox Communications
- Pam Nobles, Director of Education & Certification, SCTE
- Debi Picciolo, SVP Operations, Western Region, Charter
- Carolyn L. Terry, Senior Director of Hub Engineering Operations, Time Warner Cable
- Jennifer Yohe Wagner, VP, Strategic Business Procurement, Comcast
Beccome a mentee
We are pleased to announce that the
nomination process for this year’s TechConnect Mentoring Program, hosted in
partnership with SCTE•ISBE and WICT, is now underway.
We invite you to
identify a high-potential (director-level and above) candidate for mentorship.
This individual is a rising professional in your organization (or other
organizations) and will maximize the unique opportunity to learn from one of you
tech trailblazers. Please identify your candidate and have her submit the
attached application to us no later than 5:00 pm ET on Monday, August 6. Once
received, we will work to pair her up with one of you. We may expand the Mentor
population if the volume of applicants increases this year.
we are approaching select operators and cable industry suppliers directly
through their CTOs and HR specialists to receive hand-selected nominations for
mentorships. We’ve learned from experience that this process greatly improves
the quality of our mentees. Attached is a sample of the letter we have sent to
each of the invited organizations, which include: Altice, ARRIS, Charter, Cisco,
Comcast, Cox and Liberty Global.
Please confirm (reply to this email) if
you are willing to mentor again this year. One we have our final mentor list,
we’ll do our first round of pairing and send you an email to confirm the fit.
When all pairs are complete I’ll send a welcome email with the information on
partnership and kick off.
The TechConnect kick-off event will be held in
conjunction with the WICT Leadership Conference in NYC. Please mark your
calendar for Monday, October 15, 2018, to launch the 2018-2019 Women’s
TechConnect Mentoring Program. In addition to our kick-off meeting, we will
share monthly tips and provide registration for earning webinars and conference
calls. These events will be led by volunteers and technology leaders.
Download WIT Application
Download Request for Participation form
applications must be received by 5:00 pm Eastern, on Monday, August 6, 2018.
Interested in becoming a Mentor? Contact:
Shannon Cassidy | TechConnect
o: 610-431-2888 c: 484-678-3881
For more information contact:
Senior Director, Marketing,
Business Development & National Conferences
140 Philips Road
Exton, PA 19341
Joanna Dees | VP, Educational Programs
Women in Cable Telecommunications |
2000 K Street, NW | Suite 350 | Washington, DC 20006