SCTE•ISBE Leadership Institute: Georgia Tech Executive Education – Schedule and Descriptions
Download pdf version of schedule
Download sessions descriptions pdf
(sessions may change depending on future updates)
Strategic Thinking, Frameworks, and Trends in Cable
- Learn about frameworks to
analyze competition in technology industries
- Examine trends and transformations
in the cable industry
- Understand how to develop a technology strategy that
supports the business and the firm’s critical success factors
- Develop the ability to read and understand the four basic
- Learn to evaluate financial statements using both ratio and
vertical analysis methods
- Examine the important information included in
financial statements for the cable industry and competitor analysis
- Basics of Net Present Value (NPV)
- Does one Weighted
Average Cost of Capital (WACC) fit all in large conglomerates? Consequences of
picking one WACC.
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Real Options / Decision Trees
- What is the “Worry Curve” and why should I shift it?
- What are the three
dimensions of project performance, and what is the key to achieving overall
success on all three?
- For whom is a project charter created, and why is one
needed for every project?
- What is a critical path of a project, how do I find
it, and why do I care?
Effectively Communicating Complex Ideas
- Organize into
three listener-centered points.
- Present in a style that connects.
questions in a way that inspire confidence.
Managing Change in Technology
- Understand the business drivers for change
- Assess the political
landscape for change
- Understand the different stages and roles in change
- Discover proven tools for measuring change progress and outcomes
- Develop versatility in change leader behaviors
Leading and Managing High
- Understand models of leadership & management styles
approaches for dealing with difficult people
- Understand the characteristics of
high performing teams