- This course provides a thorough background in MPEG technology and digital video encoding formats. Among the topics covered are baseband digital media theory, encoding/multiplexing, why MPEG matters, MPEG-4/AVC, artifacts, and IP-based transmission.
- Level: 400
Format: Online, Self-Paced
- This course is expected to take around 12 weeks to complete. Participants view pre-recorded, narrated presentations and complete learning activities at any time that is convenient for them.
- Participants spend approximately 4-6 hours per week, completing the various course activities in order to maximize the learning benefits.
Access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- High speed Internet connection (Cable or DSL)
- Internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 8.0 or above)
- Introduction to MPEG Compression
- Intermediate MPEG Compression
- Advanced MPEG Compression
- Improved Coding Efficiency
- MPEG, LAN, Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting MPEG Video
- Video Artifacts and Sources
Requirements for Successful Course Completion:
- Final exam with a passing grade of 80%
- Completion of Course Feedback Form
Upon Successful Course Completion You Will Receive:
- SCTE Course Certificate
- College credits when registered with an SCTE college partnership
- 2 Recertification Units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal
Cancellations and Extensions:
- All cancellation requests must be received by midnight of the 7th day after the course begins and must be in writing or email. All cancellations are subject to a $75 cancellation fee, plus $119 fee for textbook if applicable.
- Individuals who fail the course's final test three times will need to request a Retesting Exception and pay the Retesting Fee of $80.
Note: You must be logged in to register.