- This course provides participants with an understanding of analog reclamation, QAM migration, service narrowcasting, encoding of services and digital hookups required for cable operators’ new customer premises equipment. Participants will explore ways to improve system performance as they learn about the impact of going all-digital with digital troubleshooting of services. Best practices in digital will be discussed, along with an explanation of the FCC proof of performance tests. Participants will also be able to describe the ANSI/SCTE-40 standard.
- Level: 200
Format: Online, Self-Paced
- This course is expected to take around 12 weeks to complete. Participants view pre-recorded, narrated presentations and complete learning activities at any time that is convenient for them.
- Participants spend approximately 4-6 hours per week, completing the various course activities in order to maximize the learning benefits.
Access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- High speed Internet connection (Cable or DSL)
- Internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 8.0 or above)
- Fundamentals of Going All Digital
- Customer Premises Equipment
- System Performance
- Proof of Performance Part I
- Proof of Performance Part II
- Digital Troubleshooting
- Recommended Practices
- Digital Connections
- Digital Carrier Measurements
- Digital Troubleshooting and Repair Process
Requirements for Successful Course Completion:
- Final exam with a passing grade of 80%
- Completion of Course Feedback Form
Upon Successful Course Completion You Will Receive:
- SCTE Course Certificate
- College credits when registered with an SCTE college partnership
- 2 Recertification Units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal
Cancellations and Extensions:
- All cancellation requests must be received by midnight of the 7th day after the course begins and must be in writing or email. All cancellations are subject to a $75 cancellation fee, plus $119 fee for textbook if applicable.
- Individuals who fail the course's final test three times will need to request a Retesting Exception and pay the Retesting Fee of $80.
Note: You must be logged in to register.